I don’t know if it has something to do with the new year or if I’m just rejuvenated by my time off during the holidays, but all week I’ve been feeling extremely lucky and immensely grateful for the life I’ve created for myself. So at the risk of sounding sappy, I thought I’d share a few things that I’m thankful for this week. Here goes…
• Feather pillows. They make all the difference, and now that I gave Scott a pair for Christmas, we don’t have to cajole over who gets to use them anymore. Feather pillows for everyone! (As a side note, our bed has turned into a fluffy feather farm. And I like it that way.)
• Open treadmills at the gym. I don’t care how many resolutioners crowd the gym in their fancy workout gear and perfect ponytails; if I have a treadmill and an iPod I’m a happy (albeit sweaty and red-faced) girl.
• My family. They are incredibly supportive but also brutally honest, and it keeps me grounded. Plus, my sisters can make me laugh like no one else in this world.
• Having a job. Though it was hard to come back after a few weeks away, I’m lucky to have a job that not only fulfills me, but gives me time off to decompress so that I can come back re-focused and re-energized.
• My fantastic husband. He makes our home a safe, silly haven in a crazy world. It’s incredibly fulfilling and comforting to know that no matter what happens in life, we can find happiness and acceptance with each other. Having that kind of support makes even the most daunting tasks seem more manageable.
What are you thankful for this week? I’d love to hear. xo
Image via Max Wanger