- Neighbors stop in to sneak a beer and hide from the wife.
- You learn there’s a nickname dedicated to people who grew up on the five-mile stretch around your house.
- Your sister’s ex-husband comes over to hang out
- You go for a 3 1/2 mile run on the beach and don’t see a soul
- A childhood playmate stops by with her mom and a batch of famous homemade fudge
- Christmas shopping with your Dad means a sizeable stint at the tractor store
- Snow does not get plowed for days
- Christmas Eve service occurs in a candlelit, 12-pew church where your childhood piano teacher plays the organ, kids you babysat as a teenager sit in front of you, and the reverend who baptized you greets you as you walk in the door.
I don’t think it gets better than that. xo